Steve Tanner for Idaho
Legislative District 13B
Follow on Social Media
- Suppression of 1st Amendment rights – Covid restrictions on free speech, freedom of assembly and freedom to worship
- Assault on 2nd Amendment rights – red flag laws
- Election Integrity – We need to insure that our election process records your votes as you marked them. No mail-in ballots or ballot drop-boxes.
- CRT, SEL, Critical Queer theory, and transgenderism taught in schools
- Medical Freedom – many people lost jobs because companies required them to be “vaccinated”
- Medicaid needs to be reduced. The new limit is at approximately $4.5 Billion, up from $3.1 Billion in one year. Over 450,000 residents are on Medicaid or CHIP.
- Over-taxation – Homeowners bear the burden while paying for more infrastructure for high-density housing residents. Meanwhile, the state has $1.5 billion surplus yet homeowners have not seen significant tax relief.
- The threat of ESG invading our banking and financial systems
Why I am running
- Our 1st Amendment and 2A freedoms are being threatened
- We are being overtaxed – homeowners are disproportionately bearing the burden
- We need to protect our children from sexually explicit behaviors, books, and media
- We need to protect Idaho sovereignty – Lava Ridge and Idaho waterways
- We need to protect our medical freedom
- We need new models for educating children
- We need alternate ways to fund public education other than taxing homeowners
- There is a war to educate children with critical theories such as critical race theory (anti-white) and critical gender theory (transgenderism)
- We need to reduce Medicaid significantly
- ESG is a looming threat to our banking and financial systems